Monday, January 17, 2011

Once Upon a January Sunday

I spent Sunday afternoon with friends. We hadn't really had the opportunity to hang out downtown, outside in while...since summer, I would guess. So it was great fun and I'm glad we got to do it. The weather was great - about 50 degrees - and it was a wonderful afternoon.
 This pond is normally not frozen (obviously) so it was kind of fun to see it frozen. Some of my friends tried walking on it (the ice was about 5-6" thick, I think they said) but I was not brave enough. Of course. :)





 We walked down by the river, too, because it was quite pretty.
 Here's the whole gang...minus myself, since I was taking the picture, and minus one of the guys who didn't want to be in the picture. :) Some of these people I've known and been hanging out with for years. Some of them I have not known fore more than a year or two. But all of them are awesome people, and great friends. :)


 And to close...the bird you see in this last picture (if you look really closely) is a bald eagle. :) Click on the picture to make it bigger if you can't see the eagle. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!